I love this recipe. It take a little while to make, and involves some stirring so needs a bit of patience, but the end result is super satisfying! It's nice and creamy and VERY filling. The recipe make a massive portion (as you can see from the photo) so you could halve it and have it with salad, or with a grilled chicken breast, whatever takes your fancy really! The boy likes his with bread, hence the photo has a ciabatta roll! I really hope you enjoy it as much as me!
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Chopped Shallot
1 Chopped and Deseeded Butternut Squash
750ml Vegetable Stock (I use a Knorr Stock Pot dissolved in hot water)
120g Arborio Rice
Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
2tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the butternut squash in salted boiling water until tender and then mash.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the butternut squash and rice, then mix.
- Add the stock bit by bit until all is absorbed.
- Add sage and seasoning.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
Serves 2 with 8 Propoints per serving ( PP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.co.uk)