Thursday, April 26, 2012

Broccoli Blue Cheese Bake

I really struggle to eat my vegetables, to be honest I just don't like them!! I can eat fruit all day everyday but veggies... Blergh!! So I am always looking to hide my vegetables in yummy ways! I came across a recipe for this Broccoli Blue Cheese Bake at The Girl Who Ate Everything I adapted it slightly to make it more weight watchers friendly and gluten free, but damn it was tasty!!
 
 
Ingredients:
1 Head of Broccoli
1 tbsp Light Butter (I use Lurpak Lightest)
1 Chopped Clove of Garlic
1 tbsp Gluten Free Flour
200ml Skimmed Milk
40g Blue Cheese (I used Stilton)
2 tbsp Light Cream Cheese
1 Slice of Bread (whizzed up into breadcrumbs)
 
Instructions:
  1. Cook the broccoli.
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic.
  3. Add the flour and milk, mix into a smooth white sauce.
  4. Add the cheeses and stir until melted.
  5. Put the broccoli in a oven proof dish and cover with the sauce.
  6. Top with breadcrumbs and bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
Serves 2 with 6 Propoints per serving (Calculated using the recipe calculator on weightwatchers.co.uk)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...