Monday, April 09, 2012

Gluten Free Pizza

The boy will tell you how when we met I was totally pizza obsessed. This was before I was diagnosed as wheat/gluten intolerant. Giving up pizza was sooooo hard, and il be honest I do have the occasional slip up and tuck into a dominos! Today I was really craving pizza, so decided to give making a stuffed crust pizza a try! I had had success with the recipe for the dough previously, so i stuffed the crust with light mozzarella and topped it with pineapple and jalapeƱos (the boys topping of choice!) and even he happily ate my GF alternative stuffed crust! Success! I have a lot of cheese on my pizza, if you wanted to make this less points you could omit the stuffed crust and just use half the Mozarella. Enjoy!!
 
 
Ingredients:
200g Gluten Free Plain Flour (I use Doves Farm)
1 Sachet of Instant Dried Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
125ml of Warm (Not hot!) Water
1/4 jar of Light Pasta Sauce (I use weight watchers or sainsburys light garlic and herb pasta sauce)
125g Light Mozarella
50g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
 
 
Instructions:
  1. Mix the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl.
  2. Add the water and mix together with your hands to make a dough.
  3. Roll out the dough onto a floured baking sheet.
  4. Now if you want to make a stuffed crust, chop up half the Mozarella and place all around the edge of the pizza about 1/2 inch from the edge. Fold the edge over the Mozarella and squish down using your finger tips.
  5. Spread the pasta sauce on the base and top with the remaining chopped Mozarella, your choice of toppings (remember these may be extra propoints!) and then top with the cheddar.
  6. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
 
Serves 4 with 8 propoints per serving ( PP calculated using the recipe calculator on weight watchers.co.uk)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...