I love lasagne but with it being 1. Made with pasta, so not gluten free and 2. Super high in points a lot of the time. Meant I haven't had it for a long time. So I decided the make a weight watchers friendly version that is gluten free and veggie friendly and this is the result! It tastes amazing and only 7 Propoints! Amazing.
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Chopped Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Grated Carrot
1 Grated Courgette
150g Chopped Mushrooms
200g Chopped Tomato
2 tbsp Tomato Purée
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
300g Quorn Mince
2 tbsp Italian Herbs
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
235g Free From Lasagne Sheets
650g Cottage Cheese
150g Light Grated Cheddar Cheese or Mozarella
- Pre cook the lasagne sheets in boiling water until tender.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot and courgette. Sweat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Passata, chopped tomatoes and purée. Stir.
- Add the stock cube, Italian herbs and seasoning.
- Add the quorn mince and stir. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Layer the sauce and pasta in an oven proof dish. It usually do sauce, pasta, sauce, pasta, sauce and then pasta.
- Top the last layer of pasta with the cottage cheese and grated cheddar or Mozarella.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200.
Serves 6 with 7 Propoints per serving (PP calculated using the recipe calculator on weightswatchers.co.uk)